Friday 2 February 2018

Acrylic background for cards in shades of grey...

 A very belated happy new year to you!!

Unfortunately I have had the awful flu that has been rife this winter and it has taken it's toll on me. I am only just beginning to recover and still feel tired a lot of the time, but at least I have managed to do some art so that always makes me feel better.

shades of grey 2 
These cards were made using acrylic paint and a sponge to create lots of movement. I used 6 different shades of grey and taupe to add depth to the colours.

shades of grey 3 

After creating the background I stamped on old Prima flourish stamp in black Archival ink.

shades of grey 4

I didn't want to cover the background too much so I just added some simple gold embossed Papertrey sentiments.

Shades of grey 1

 I am off to rest now, hope you are all fit and well xx

1 comment:

  1. I really have to try this, your cards are so artistic. I love the monochromatic image and the embossed sentiment.

    ReplyDelete