Friday 7 June 2019

Reworking a "failed" painting - in progress

Sometimes when a painting really does not go the way you want it to, it is easier just to cover the whole thing with gesso and start again.

So that's what I did with this painting, with the layers underneath providing some fantastic texture.

P1060836 

I continued to add more collage and stencilling.  And by adding some grungy black marks with a Sennelier oil stick, it really began to take on a distressed shabby chic look.

P1070165 

In the next photo you can really see the amazing texture.

P1070169

 I thought the damask stencil really lent itself to the whole new vintage vibe. Unfortunately it is quite an old stencil and I'm not sure who made it but there are plenty of similar on Amazon and Ebay.

P1070166 

 I will continue to work on this but I have several projects on the go at the moment, I keep getting so eager that I move on to my next idea without finishing my last project!

Anyway, I hope you like the video with the painting as it is at the moment, 



Thank you for stopping by, Eleanor x

2 comments:

  1. Great makeover. Have a lovely weekend, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish my failed paintings looked like this. beautiful Eleanor

    ReplyDelete