Friday 12 April 2019

Bright and colourful cards with neon acrylic inks

I am so in love with bright colours at the moment but I decided to take it to the limit by adding neon colours. I never realised just how happy neon colours make me.

P1050562 

I began by stencilling acrylic inks to create a background pattern. Not necessarily an obvious thing to do as you don't get a nice crisp stencil outline with acrylic inks. But it wasn't the look I was after. I just wanted to create a little watery random pattern to add some "visual" texture.

 P1050556

In addition to using acrylic inks I used Dr P H Martin Bombay india inks. I really love adding these over the top of my art work as they are transparent and waterprooof. As they are transparent you can still see some of the earlier stencilled pattern underneath.

P1050565

The combination of the acrylic inks and india inks almost create a watercolour effect, although I think the colours are much brighter and deeper than watercolour.

I have used sari silk ribbon from Ebay to finish my cards.

P1050566

I usually used really inexpensive white card from The Range for mixed media which may not make sense as it is not a heavyweight cardstock. I used to worry and fret so much about card warping when adding ink and paint which I found occured no matter how heavy the cardstock was.

My way around this is to adhere my art work to another piece of card to reinforce it when I have finished. That way I don't have to use expensive heavy weight card in the first place only to end up reinforcing it anyway. I came to the conclusion years ago that I may as well use cheaper card instead.

P1050576

One of my other recent discoveries was grid paper which I got from Ebay. To me it is visually pleasing when you can see the grid pattern underneath the ink...

P1050555 

The Youtube video for this is slightly longer than usual. I think I got a bit carried away, this project became quite a labour of love! Please click on the picture below to see the full process.




I really hope you enjoy the video.

Thank you for stopping by, see you again soon, Eleanor x

4 comments:

  1. wonderfully bright colours, off to check out the video :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous colours, beautiful cards! Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! Beautiful colours and a very informative video. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards Eleanor! the backgrounds are fabulous and I love the ribbons with the frames and bright funky colours, beautifully done :-)

    Did you see that you won the Simon Says Stamp Monday 'Foiling' Challenge? ;-)
    Please email us to claim your voucher XX
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete