Tuesday 26 March 2019

Back at last...

I have made the decision to resurrect my blog. Now feels the right time. Let me explain...

After only a few months of starting this blog over a year ago, I was unable to continue with it. As my last post suggests my health was in trouble. Big trouble. Really big trouble. OK, not terminal, but nonetheless still very serious. 

So I had to take a break. Despite feeling ill so much of the time, as soon as I felt well enough, I wanted to move into videoing my art work with a view to starting a Youtube channel. It kept me motivated through some very dark times.

Of course, it was the art that was the main motivation, not just the desire to do Youtube. Art has always been my saviour and has kept me going both physically and mentally.

So, my lovely hubbie made an overhead rig for my video camera, and when I felt well enough, I switched on the camera each time I worked. Then I had to learn video editing. Luckily hubbie is a whiz at the tech stuff and was able to teach me the ropes. But it took a long time as I could only learn it in between my health relapses. So my blog suffered, I simply could not do Youtube and blogging.

I had no idea how time consuming being a Youtube creator is, and I take my hat off to each and every one. There was so much to learn that only now do I feel confident with creating videos. I actually really enjoy video editing and find it every bit as creative as the art work. And in turn I now feel able to do Youtube and create blog posts as well. I enjoy writing as well a creating videos, and sometimes it easier to explain my thought processes in a blog rather than a video. Above all though, doing all of this has helped me get through some very tough times and has helped take my mind off feeling so tired and ill so much of the time.

My new fave toys art products are Sennelier oil sticks as I demonstrated in my last Youtube video here. The Sennelier oil sticks blend very easily and can be used to create a very grungy, messy, smudgy background very quickly. Not only that but I discovered that you can layer acrylic paint over the top. It will dry and adhere perfectly. 

And here is my messy desk with my messy art work...

P1050924 brightened 

I love love these colours. The rich yellow ochres combined with sepia and teal is especially one of my favourite colour combinations. In addition to the oil sticks I used Sepia Extra acrylic paint by Old Holland to add even more depth of colour.

And so I created art journal covers with my art work. You can see how I made them in my Youtube video here. 

I love how they turned out...

P1060038

I didn't go too heavy on the oil sticks and love that I can still see my vintage papers and book text collage peeking through.

P1060040 

I deliberately don't even try and blend my white paint very much, I like the raw almost unfinished look. Maybe that's a bit weird but I just love messy art!

P1060048 

 The gold heat embossed sentiments are from my favourite stamp set by Donna Downey called "Empowered Words" by Unity stamps.

P1060049 

 I have used May Arts cord to secure my journal signatures.

P1060055

I did wonder if anyone would watch my Youtube videos as the process of mixed media and abstract art can be soo ugly at times but you have to go through the ugly hot mess to get to the beauty. At least sometimes. It doesn't always work out lol.

I shall be entering my messy art journal covers in to the Simon Says Monday challenge this week which is called  "play with paint".

You can see the whole process on my Youtube channel Red Queen Art Creations
 


  I hope to see you over there!

Thank you for stopping by, Eleanor x

7 comments:

  1. Eleanor, I'm so so glad to see your creative work again in blog land. I hope you are feeling better.
    I love your videos :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous albums Eleanor, love them. Thanks for stopping by my blog, too. Have a great week, and hope your health stays good, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back,I've missed you and your creations. While I have not a snowball in hell's chance of being able to paint abstract like you I still take inspiration from your work and sometimes put my own spin on it. Thank goodness for Pinterest is all I can say X Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Eleanor, it's so lovely to see you back. I echo Lynne's comments, in that I could never do what you do, but you are a great inspiration. Looking forward to enjoying many you tube video's.
    Tracey.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so so much for your comment, that's such a lovely thing to say, I really appreciate it, Eleanor x

      Delete
  5. Stunning covers, so pretty. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Je suis tellement contente de voir que tu es de retour. Je suis fan de toi depuis ton blog "Sarita..."
    Je te souhaite de te rétablir au fur et à mesure.
    Félicitations pour ton entrée dans la DT Finnabair.
    Je m'abonne à tes vidéos, j'aime tellement tes oeuvres...
    Prends soin de toi.
    Bises.
    MaryannG


    I'm so happy to see you're back. I'm a fan of you since your blog "Sarita ..."
    I wish you to recover as you go.
    Congratulations on your entry into DT Finnabair.
    I subscribe to your videos, I love your works so much ...
    Take care of yourself.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete