Saturday 27 April 2019

Buds and Petals


This could not be more different to my last art project. I love all kinds of art and don't like to stick to one genre as I get bored easily.

I can't even remember the last time I used watercolour. Some time ago I bought some Daniel Smith watercolours and have hardly used them. So I dusted them off and hand painted this kind of whimsical impression of some buds and petals for this week's one layer challenge over at Less Is More.

 P1060596a

I liked the idea of these delicate vines hanging from the sentiment (by Papertrey). Then it was just a case of adding the petals and buds in a variety of colours.

P1060602a 

I used some very fine watercolour brushes from Ebay for the vines and chinese watercolour brushes for the petals.

 P1060612

The watercolour paper is just some I had in my stash and I don't know where I got it from.

P1060599


I am rusty at watercolour painting but I quite like how it turned out. I think with a bit more practice I could improve on this.

P1060600

Anyway, I hope you like it, thank you so much for stopping by, Eleanor xx

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful Eleanor, your image is CAS perfection with the simplicity of the leaves and the soft colour against the white. So talented :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just simple elegance xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your watercoloured buds and petals Eleanor, perfect for our challenge! Thanks for joining us at Less is More.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your watercoloring looks absolutely stunning! I love the soft, delicate look of this. Thanks for joining us at Less Is More!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply beautiful and so very CAS. ...and unique xxx

    ReplyDelete