Friday 31 May 2019

Easy abstract art in less than 2 minutes!

Sometimes I just want quick results, especially if my mojo is flagging.

So what better way than this really quick and easy abstract using nothing but the side of my hand to apply the paint.

I first divided my A3 card (300gsm mixed media card) into 4 sections with masking tape and used Decoart fluid acrylic paints in Quinacridone Magenta and Green Gold, and of course black. I have tried using this technique with other acrylic paints but the fluid acrylics work really well for getting this sweeping motion with the side of my hand.

P1060558 

I can think of so many uses for this kind of art work, I can use it as a basis to create a more detailed piece of art, cut it up to make a series of art work just as it is, or as a great way to experiment with different colour combinations. But for me today it was simply a way to express myself when my creativity was a bit low.

P1060554

And here is the video...


I hope it provides inspiration for you too! Thank you for stopping by, Eleanor x

1 comment: