Friday 3 May 2019

Abstract art "Titan"

As my blog would suggest I love creating all kinds of art work, but I always return to abstract, it really is where my heart lies.

This is one of my favourite pieces, not least because of the colours. I've mainly used Golden High Flow acrylic paints including raw umber and burnt umber. But for me it was the addition of sepia and titan buff that really brought it all together.

P1060657

I created this art work several months ago when I first started recording my work for Youtube. Unfortunately I forgot to switch the camera back on half way through, so I decided at the time not to release the video. However, I liked the result and felt that even with the missing portion of video that some one may like watching what I had recorded. So I apologise for the missing bit but I hope this does not spoil the overall video.

P1060632

I have used inexpensive cardstock, just 210gsm card from The Range. My aim is to mount it on to a wooden panel to display it which would reinforce it.    

P1060625 

I hope you enjoy the video. I'll admit half way through it really did look very messy and it was difficult to see how anything half decent would result. But as ever, I'm always surprised myself that with perseverance even the hottest mess can end well!

Thank you for stopping by, see you again soon, Eleanor xx

1 comment: