Wednesday 24 April 2019

Finnabair April 2019 challenge "burgundy"

I've been struggling the last couple of weeks to even get in my craft room. Frustratingly I have to pace myself as I get tired so easily but at least I managed to put together these art journal pages for this month's colour challenge over at Finnabair which you can see here.

I rarely use the colour burgundy and definitely found this a challenge. I have tried to achieve different tones and values with the red and burgundy paints that I have. 

I don't think I've ever created such a vivid piece of work!

P1060345

My "art journal" is in fact an old book fom a charity shop. I like it because it is quite small and not too daunting. 

For texture, I've used Finnabair's "swirly florals" stencil.

P1060344

To pick up on the touches of gold I tried to add some gold foiling whilst the paint was still wet but it didn't work too well. Instead I brushed a Tim Holtz ornate book plate with gold gilding wax. The sentiment is a Finnabair sentiment sticker.

 It has been good to use colours outside of my comfort zone. I nearly gave up at one point as the red colours seemed too over powering, but although this is much more vivid than my usual work I actually quite like it!

I managed to produce a video for anyone who wishes to see the process.


I hope you enjoy the video and thank you for stopping by, Eleanor x

4 comments:

  1. gorgeous colour Eleanor, the touch of brass is spectacular, I'm off to check out your video :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christine, I hope you enjoy it! Eleanor x

      Delete
  2. It's absolutely gorgeous. I enjoyed watching your video very much. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Karen, I'm so glad you enjoyed it, Eleanor x

      Delete