Tuesday 2 April 2019

Don't be foiled...

I wanted to break away from the cool colours I have been working with recently and go really bright colours for a change. And this is what I came up with...

P1060239 

Using a variety of colourful acrylic paints I created my background...

P1060260 

I have foiled my sentiments by die cutting them from double sided adhesive sheets and rubbing them with gold foil from Crafter's Companion. The love die is by Hero Arts and the Hugs die is by Papertrey.

P1060228 

To create come contrast with the background I added a floral stencil with white paint and a black damask stencil design in black.

 P1060255
    
These really are such a contrast to my recent creations and I love the results.

P1060238 

There is no Youtube video for this one, sometimes I just like to play without the faffing of the video camera! Don't forget to check out my Youtube channel though as there are lots of art and mixed media videos on there you might like!
  
P1060251

These creations are for the Simon Says Challenge this week which is called "Don't be fooled, be foiled". 

I hope you are having a good day and thank you for stopping by!

Eleanor x

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous. Beautiful colours,they make me happy X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lynne, that I can make someone happy is such a lovely compliment, I really appreciate it, Eleanor x

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous card, love the colours. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Valerie for taking the time to leave such a lovely comment, Eleanor x

      Delete
  3. Love your colour combination, the addition of the black and white really make everything pop :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Christine, I'm so glad you liked it, Eleanor x

      Delete
  4. beautiful cards and the foiled words are the perfect finishing touch, thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your gorgeous card! The colors are beautiful and the sentiment is fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those background are gorgeous! The foiling on the sentiments are the perfect touch . Lovely cards

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous cards Eleanor! the backgrounds are FABULOUS and I love the foiled sentiments!

    Congratulations you have won the $50 voucher on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.
    Please email us.
    simonsayschallenge@hotmail.com

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just returned from holiday to this great news, thank you so much! xx

    ReplyDelete