Monday 7 May 2018

Mixed media cards "Let life suprise you"

It has taken me a while to get back into crafting again. I've really been struggling with everything. I think that my recent health scare has had more of an impact than maybe I realised, it's hard to be creative when you are worried something might seriously be wrong. Thankfully I am OK but I think it will be a while before I am back to my true creative self.

These little creations came out of nowhere. I had been mindlessly painting, really creating what I thought was a mess. But I added some Art Basics heavy gesso on top of my paint and covered with black acrylic paint resulting in these gorgeous texture cards...

muted colours 1 

 My first layer of paint included lots of muted colours, pinks, greens and even lilac. Much of this got covered when I added the black paint but I love how the muted colours are still peeking in the backround.

muted colours 7 

I started as I usually do-on an A4 sheet of heavy mixed media cardstock. As I worked aimlessly I was getting more and more fed up, it was not going well and I very nearly threw it in the bin. But just as I was about to give up, I could see elements of the piece that I really liked, especially the texture. When I cut it up I realised I absolutely loved the end result. Not what I was expecting at all! 

The Tim Holtz Small Talk stickers say it all...

muted colours  8 

The beautiful metal frames are also by Tim Holtz...

muted colours 5 

I'm so glad I did not give up! It has taught me to really look carefully at my art before deciding whether it discard it.

Thank you for stopping by xx


2 comments:

  1. fantastic, just like an abstract art painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. C'est juste magnifique.
    Comme quoi il ne faut pas s'arrêter à sa première impression, surtout si elle est négative.

    It's just wonderful.
    Like what should not stop at his first impression, especially if it is negative.

    ReplyDelete