Tuesday 6 March 2018

Stormy skies...

Something a little bit different from me today. A mini painting of a very dark brooding stormy sky which I have created for this week's Simon Says Monday challenge called "Whatever the Weather".

I used cotton wool and acrylic paint to create the cloudy sky. I love using cotton wool with acrylics for painting as you can get lovely soft edges that I find difficult to get with a paint brush.

The little birds are a stamp by That's crafty called Lynne's Affirmations-set 2.  And I added an Inkylicious branch stamp around the edges.

stormy skies 2

That's it for today, see you soon xx

6 comments:

  1. Stunning, your acrylic with the cotton wool ball have created so much atmosphere and the branch is so subtle in the corner. Perfect sentiment :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. just amazing looking...such a wonderful sense of motion.
    :) Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is pretty cool. I love the darkness of it all. It reminds me of how I feel about winter right now, which is I am so over it, but here in Montana I still have months to go.

    Diana
    Playingwithoutlimits.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow this is so beautiful Eleanor, love your cottong wool ball tip, thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just saw this on the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge winners. They were absolutely right in choosing your project. The painting is magnificent. I may "borrow" your technique for some Halloween projects.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW - a gorgeous scene. Love the painting with a cotton wool ball - lovely effect x

    ReplyDelete