Thursday 28 September 2017

Mini collage art book using Prima Oil pastels...

I absolutely love collage and totally lose myself in the whole process. I also love the unpredictability, never really knowing quite how things will turn out.

green collage mini art book 3 

One of the ways I like to display my collage pieces is to create mini art books. I have created quite a few now and use them when I want to look at back at my work and remind myself of the different products and techniques I used in each one.

Green collage mini art book 1 

I think one of the tricks to collage is to expect it to go through a bit of an ugly duckling stage at first. Is this something you find too? However, as I added white Gesso and then the Prima pastels to co-ordinate with the collage papers, it all began to come together.

green collage mini art book 4 

Here is a photo of the front of my mini book. The addition of the black half circles was a last minute thought but I think it helps to bring each pages together. I simply drew them in a charcoal pencil and added a tiny amount of water to blur the edges.

green collage mini art book 5 

The lovely little tassels are by Provo Craft which I have had in my stash for years now. I don't know who make the little black word stickers as I have also had these for a long time too.

I added some faux texture to the collage by stamping a background stamp by Studio Lights (No.181) in white acrylic paint which has given the whole piece a slightly distressed look.

green collage mini art book 

And, finally a picture of the fab Prima oil pastels. This is a new type of medium for me, but I have to say I am in totally love with them. Initially I was applying them by scribbling with them and then adding water, but if you spray the water first and then add the oil pastels, the pastels just dissolve beautifully into the water. I don't think it matters which way you do it but I love how these just melted into my artwork and the colours are amazing too.

green collage mini art book 6

I really loved creating this little mini book. What to do you love about collage? Have you tried it yet? Do leave me a comment and let me know what you think,

Have a great day and I hope to be back very soon

Eleanor xx

No comments:

Post a Comment